Social math provides a method for designers to make complex numerical data about an important cause both meaningful and understandable to your audience. Social math is a design process of telling a story with data that will motivate your users to engage in the behavior you intend.
This half-day course is appropriate for all levels of experience. The lessons focus on introducing the concept of social math and detailing a method to design using social math. Design activities provide an opportunity for attendees to practice using the method.
Attendees will learn:
- How to define and identify social math
- Why social math is an important part of an impactful design
- When to incorporate social math into the design process
- Where to find reliable data for designing with social math
- A method for incorporating social math into their design
- What additional resources exist for using social math