In order to get the most enjoyment out of a career in User Experience, we all need to take active ownership of our professional development and make important decisions around career progression.
In “The Game of UX” we all make decisions around whether to be:
- Individual Contributor, Team Lead, or Management
- A Full Time Employee or a Contractor
- To work in house for a business, for an agency or as an independent consultant
- Work as a team of 1, or teams of various sizes
- Work in a specific industry
- Work on Digital or physical products
- To be a generalist or specialize in specific areas of UX
Insights on career decisions made by a wide range of UX Professionals have been illustrated in the form of classic American board games. Does your career path resemble Candy Land or a game of Risk!?