This presentation will approach the unique challenges that UX professionals face when crafting their career path and finding roles that are both appropriate fits for their existing skillsets and offer opportunities to grow. It will help the attendees understand UX career options and help them craft their work samples and personal interactions to maximize their chances for success, whatever that looks like to them. Participants will learn to use the core concepts they utilize for their project work to how they present themselves and their work.
- The varying career paths within UX and definitions of success
- Information on what employers are looking for in UX professionals
- Ways to utilize existing UX skills to illustrate strengths and articulate value within a work environment or to potential employers
- Tips to improve work samples to demonstrate expertise
- Methods to present and brands oneself